Saturday, December 1, 2012

Hi there!

Remember me? The one who was going to blog her way through her first semester? The one who disappeared in September?

What the hell happened?

I'm still not sure, but I think it involved the trifecta of life, work, and the semester. My plan is to make up for it in December (a plan that also extends to exercise and eating something besides takeout) and try to do better in the new year. I turned in my last packet on Monday and I've got a few end-of-semester tasks to do this week. Once that's out of the way, here's how I plan to spend my "free" time:

  • Organizing. Organizing my office, my filing cabinet, my jewelry box, my sock drawer. Nothing in our house doesn't look like a hurricane hit it. I don't care if everything's filthy, but clutter drives me crazy.1
  • Cooking ahead. Making and freezing spaghetti sauce. Making and freezing chicken and vegetable stock. Making and freezing chili2. Making homemade granola.
  • Reading for pleasure.
  • Reading prose for pleasure.
  • Sleeping. This weekend, for example, I have not ruled out the possibility of going to bed tonight and not getting up until Monday morning.
  • And, of course, blogging. First up: my reading for the last three packets.

Talk to you soon!


1 My friend Hal likes to say, "But, Kathleen, why drive when you're close enough to walk?"
2 Reorganizing the freezer.

1 comment:

  1. Today's household tip: I freeze spaghetti sauce in ice cube trays for easy portioning.

    That's pretty much the extent of my household tips.

    ReplyDelete