Thursday, April 12, 2012

Back to School!

At an age1 when most people are contemplating the rising contribution limits on their 401(k) plans, I've decided to invest in what is probably the most unprofitable profession ever: poetry.  With a lot of help from teachers and fellow-writers, I've been accepted into a low-residency MFA program, and so for the next two years I'll be reading and writing up a storm and (somehow) continuing to work a day job that I also love2,3.  I'm pretty much thrilled.

A friend4 asked to be kept informed about how I was doing and what the program was like, and so here, for your reading pleasure: the narcissistic, neurotic ramblings of a full-time employee, part-time student, and all-time stress case.

This is going to be awesome.


1 None of your damn business.
2 Also exercising.
3 And maybe sleeping.
4 Hi, Ed!

1 comment:

  1. there's something inherently exciting
    about the writing of a flame-haired woman
    (E.A.)

    ReplyDelete